In 1985, the Government of India has decided to set up co-educational institutions known as Model Schools, one in each district, essentially to provide good quality modern education to the talented children predominantly from rural areas. Accordingly, two schools called as Navodaya Vidyalayas, one at Amravati (Maharastra) and another at Jajjar (Hariyana) were started in 1985-86 and presently more than 595 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are spread across the length and breadth of the country in all the States and Union Territories except Tamil Nadu. JNV, Banekuchi was established in 1994 in Mukalmua of Nalbari District in a temporary building and the vidyalaya was shifted to the present complex in Banekuchi in the year 2005.
SALIENT FEATURES OF OUR VIDYALAYA
- Free good quality modern education to the rural talents.
- Reservation of 75% of seats for rural and 25% for urban, out of which reservation for SC and ST in proportion to the population of the district subject to the national minimum. Reservation of 33% of the intake to girls.
- Free boarding and lodging facilities including free text books, stationeries, uniforms, daily use items, bedding items, etc.
- Teaching and learning through multimedia and ICT devices.
- Strict implementation of three language formula. Learning through mother tongue up to Class VIII.
- Special emphasis on Sports and Games, Art in Education CCA, Scouts and Guides, NGC, NSS, NCC etc.
- Promoting National Integration through understanding the diversity and the cultural plurality of the country through the migration policy at Class IX.
- Affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education.
- Admission in Class VI through a specially designed culture free non verbal finaltest conducted by CBSE called as JNVST.
Establishment:Location of School:
Nalbari was declared a sub division of undivided Kamrup District in 1967. The district was created on 14 August 1985 when it was split from Kamrup district. 1 June 2004 saw the formation of from parts of three districts, including Nalbari.
The rate of total literacy of the Nalbari District, according to 2011 census, is 79.89% as against 80.95% in 2001. The rural literacy rate is 78.44%, while the urban rate is 91.46%. Male literacy is 85.58% consisting of Rural 84.38% and Urban 95.24%. Female literacy is 73.85% consisting of Rural 72.14% and Urban 87.48%. The total literacy rate of the state as a whole is 73.18%.
Nalbari district occupies an area of 2,257 square kilometres (871 sq mi), comparatively equivalent to Indonesia‘s Morotai Island. The latitude of Nalbari is 26 degrees north and 27 degrees north and the longitude is 91 degrees east and 97 degrees east. The tributaries of the Brahmaputra, the Nona, Buradia, Pagaldia, Borolia and Tihu, which originate in the foothills of the Himalayan Range, are wild in nature and make an enormous contribution to the agrarian economy of the district.
By Air: Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati is about 78 kms away from JNV. Nalbari (Banekunchi).
By Train: Nalbari is well-connected to various places by train. There are a few trains to Nalbari and many trains trom Rangia Junction (District Kamrup) which is just 26 km away from JNV, Nalbari.
The Beginning: The Vidyalaya was established in the year 1994 at the temporary site at Mukalmua and shifted in April 2005 to the permanent site located amidst the green paddy fields at the village Danguapara, near Banekunchi on NH-31 and just 6 km away from Nalbari District head quarter.
The Vidyalaya has got 30 acres land and very well-planned infrastructure. It comprises the Academic Block which has the Principal office, Vice Principal office, school office, computer Lab, Smart room, staff room, museum corner, art gallery and music room. Three big halls are used for laboratories and one hall for library besides all the class rooms having two sections from classes VI to XII including Hotel Management Stream. The dormitories are separate for Boys and Girls. The House Masters and House Mistresses Quarters are adjacent to the respective Houses. The staff quarters are separate. The Hotel Management Lab is adjacent to the Academic Block. The Principal Residence is near to the Academic Block & Mess. All the play fields are well maintained and students enjoy playing at playing hours on the play fields.
The JNV, Nalbari is fully committed for all round development and ensure the requisite infrastructure for students intelligentsia.